Employee Spotlight: Morris Norris
August 7, 2023
This week, we are shining our employee spotlight on KBC’s Chief Canine Officer – Morris Norris. Read more about our favorite four legged co-worker here:
1. How old are you: I turned 13 in April.
2. Where were you born: Baqubah, Iraq
3. What is your dog Breed: I am 50% Anatolian Shepherd. My human parents ordered a DNA test for me, and it turns out that my mom, Queen, was a purebred. My dad was a total mutt but about a quarter German Shepherd, and that’s where my coloring comes from. My personality is Anatolian, though. I’m wary of strangers, territorial, and stubborn — but I’m loyal, loving, and gentle with my human family.
4 Who is your Keybridge “Parent”: David
5. Favorite Treat or Food: Chicken jerky, chicken hearts, chicken leg, chicken thigh, chicken breast, duck jerky, duck hearts, really any duck, turkey, turkey skin, really any poultry.
6. Favorite Toy: Toys are unserious. I’m a serious dog. But I enjoy wrestling with my humans.
7. Favorite thing to do outside of work: I love chasing bunny rabbits and squirrels, but sadly, I still haven’t caught one. I also love barking at people and other dogs, especially if they walk near my house. Indoors, I enjoy inspecting packages and working on my plot to destroy the vacuum cleaner.
8. Favorite (Dog Friendly) place in DC/Richmond: Any hiking trail with new and interesting things to sniff.
9. Best way to spend a weekend: With my humans.
10. An Interesting fact about me: In Baqubah, my siblings and I befriended a number of U.S. troops. After hearing so many great things about America, I applied for asylum through SPCA International — and immigrated to the United States when just six months old with Operation Baghdad Pups’ 70th Mission.