Advice from the Media | Eric Peters
Name: Eric Peters
Title: Vulture of the Western World/Car/Bikes/Politics Columnist
Media Outlet: Easy Rider/American Airlines/American Spectator/San Diego Metro/National Motorists Association
Personal Blog: www.ericpetersautos.com
1) Describe your typical workday in 140 characters or less.
Up early, lots of coffee. Get a jump on the world. Take a breather around 1; do something else for a while. Tie up loose ends in the afternoon, then go feed the chickens or work on the bikes.
2) What’s the best pitch you’ve ever received?
We don’t care how you do it or when you do it – so long as it’s done when you agreed to have it done.
3) The greatest words of wisdom an editor ever gave you?
Never write unless you’ve got something to say.
4) If there was one thing you could tell every PR practitioner, what would it be?
If you like a writer’s work, let him work the way he likes to work.
5) What’s your craziest or most interesting newsroom story?
It involves a guy who wears a Burger King-esque crown… .
6) What sets your reporting (or page) apart from the competition?
Libertarian motorheads are fairly uncommon.
7) Any shameless self-promotion you want to add?
If you like cars, bikes or politics, visit the site.