Putting the “social” back in social media
August 28, 2018
When used correctly, social media can be a powerful tool to reach target audiences. Here are some best practices to maximize followers, clicks, and likes.
Turn Posts from Drab to Fab
- Use short, snappy headlines to grab the attention of your readers.
- Avoid typos or grammatical errors.
- Humans are visual learners, so share graphics or videos when appropriate.
- Stay relevant by joining conversations about trending news topics.
- Share and tag other users in your posts.
- Be generous with the “like” and “comment” features. This is an easy way to show others that you appreciate their attention and support.
- Engage your audience directly with DMs.
- Diversify your content. No one wants to read the same word-for-word post five times each week.
- Create a posting schedule — and stick to it — to establish tangible goals and measure your progress.
- Post throughout the day to maximize your reach.